Pre-Employment Transition Services (Pre-ETS) assist students with disabilities ages 14-21 with no-cost career planning, including:
- Career Exploration: Learning about self-interests, skills, and abilities. What are good matches/realistic? What jobs are in our area that match well with your skills?
- Workplace Readiness Skills: Soft skills, interviewing, applications, resumes, getting the job and keeping the job
- Post-Secondary Options: Colleges, training schools, workforce, connecting with adult services, etc.
- Self-Advocacy Skills: Speaking up for yourself, disclosing disability, understanding disability, difference to be expected from school age to adulthood
- Work Based Learning: Explore what it is like on the job, interact with current employees, panel of experts, Q&As, etc.
Eligible students reside in Cayuga, Cortland, Jefferson, Madison, Onondaga, or Oswego county in New York State and have an IEP, 504, or medical/counselor documentation (should not have an active ACCES-VR case).
“Vocational counseling changed the way I thought about life after high school in a way I could have never imagined. Honestly, I didn’t have a clue what I really wanted to do besides go to college and get a job. Through Pre-ETS, I took a survey of careers I could do when I’m older and there were so many options that I had not considered. They helped me to learn about jobs and also to prepare resumes for the future.”
Jonah Henry, Syracuse City School District Senior
Jayson McDowell, Pre-ETS Program Mananger
email@example.com | 315.679.0093